FrameStore Scholarship 2019
FrameStore, one of the leading custom frame stores in Los Angeles, is excited to offer a 2019 scholarship program aimed at students whose area of study focuses on art and design-related fields. We are committed to growing our industry and supporting the brightest students in art and design.
- 1 individual scholarship will be awarded.
- Individual scholarship award amounts to $500
- Award amount will be made out to the winner’s school in the form of a check, and mailed to the winner’s personal address.
Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in art and design is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We want to know why you truly believe in art and design as the best career path for you!
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
- Copy of your most recent transcripts.
- Some verification of enrollment at your college.
- Your Essay.
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree in Art and Design or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of FrameStore (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
- Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
- Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
- Room and board, Travel, Research, Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution
- The winner will be notified via email.
- Recipients must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax benefits of the scholarship
DISCLAIMER: FrameStore and any related subsidiaries will not re-use, forward, or share the personal information of applicants in any way—all information submitted through the form available on this page or any alternative forms of entry are to be kept strictly confidential and used solely for the purpose of determining a winner.
Art and Design Scholarship Competition 2019
Please submit your essay, along with all attachments requested to firstname.lastname@example.org. All Applications that are incomplete will be disqualified. See content rules for complete details and requirements. All applications must be complete and submitted by the deadline December, 15 2019.